- 1 cup whole wheat pancake & waffle mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup apple butter
I love pancakes in the morning. I could eat them every day without batting an eyelash. So when my husband and I stumbled across this ebelskiver pan at Williams Sonoma, we had to have it!
Ebelskivers are basically pancake puffs stuffed with filling. They are very versatile! Not only can you have them for breakfast, you can make great desserts and even dinner rolls. One evening we used corn muffin mix and filled each one with pepper jack cheese, they were great!
Having experimented with all different types of fillings for breakfast, we discovered that home made apple butter is our favorite.
Amazon also makes a great pan for a little less $$. Ebelskivers are fun and easy to make, I highly recommend adding them to your cooking repertoire.
- Mix together dry ingredients until well blended.
- Add milk and egg.
- Drop by the spoonfuls into the ebelskiver pan until 2/3 full. Drop spoonful of apple butter on top. Then add a dollop of batter on top of each.
- Once the edges have started to brown on each one, flip them over using a spoon (or ebelskiver stick)
- Wait a few more minutes, then drop the ebelskivers on a plate. Serve warm with sugar free syrup.