- 1 cup Heart Smart Bisquick
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 slices of fat free cheese
- 2 Morningstar maple flavored sausages
O.M.G. These are AMAZING! I’d call them “McGriddle Ebelskivers” if it wasn’t a copyright infringement.
My husband went nuts over these ebelskivers! They really do taste like a McGriddle, but with only a tenth of the calories. The whole batch was about 640 calories and we split them down the middle (320 calories a piece for a complete breakfast).
I used Morningstar’s maple flavored sausages which add a sweetness to them. (You can pick them up at Walmart in the freezer section.)
Don’t have an ebelskiver pan? You could probably make regular pancakes by adding the cheese and sausage while you are cooking them on the griddle. Trust me, it’s worth a try.
I can’t take credit for this one, I got the idea from the chocolateandcarrots.com blog!
- Combine Heart Smart Bisquick, milk & egg substitute to make batter.
- Microwave sausage for 1 minute. Crumble up with a fork and set aside.
- Drop batter into the greased ebelskiver pan. Next, add little pieces of torn cheese. Add sausage. Cover each with a small dollup of batter. (Doesn’t have to cover completely)
- Once the edges harden, flip the ebeskivers over with spoon or wood sticks.
- Serve with sugar free syrup.