- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 cups Heart Smart Bisquick
- 3.5 oz shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (Cabot 50% reduced fat)
- 2/3 cup fat free milk
Garlic. Cheddar. Biscuit. Three words I love to hear! Is anyone else a big garlic fan? I love almost anything will garlic and these cheesy biscuits hit the spot.
I followed/adapted this recipe from SkinnyTaste.com. Her site is awesome and full of really delicious healthy recipes.
By the way, I didn’t have any Bisquick, so I used some whole grain pancake mix instead and it worked out great!
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a small frying pan, add half the garlic and saute on low heat about 1 minute. Remove from heat and add parsley.
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, cheddar cheese, and remaining garlic. Stir in milk and mix (do not over mix).
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls (1.5 oz each) onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Brush or drizzle biscuits with melted butter. Bake for 5 more minutes, or until lightly browned on the bottom.