- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Splenda sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
Yum, yum! It’s tricky to find a healthy cookie recipe that meets my unhealthy cookie expectations…not to mention my husband’s! So I was pleasantly surprised at these delicious cookies.
They are moist & chewy and the chocolate chips add just the right amount of sweetness. These you must try!
- Preheat oven to 350°; line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use a silpat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, with a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugars on medium speed.
- Add the egg, followed by the applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no streaks of flour remain; stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls (approx 1 tbsp each) of the dough onto prepared baking sheets, flattening each cookie slightly (I forgot to do this). Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until cookies become light brown at the edges.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 or 4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container so you don’t eat them all in one sitting!
- Makes about 30 cookies roughly 1 tbsp each.