- 3 medium zucchini sliced into 3" x 1/2" sticks
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- fresh pepper
I love cooking with zucchini all year long. They are great sweet (as in zucchini bread) and salty (as in these sticks).
These healthy breaded sticks give you that mozzerella stick satisfaction without all the cheesy calories. I adapted this recipe from Skinnytaste.
By the way, the marinara dipping sauce is a must! My husband and I stood in the kitchen and ate these until they were gone!
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper.
- In a another bowl, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cheese and mix well.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Dip zucchini sticks into eggs then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and turn to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top.
- Bake at 425° for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping.