- 2 pounds carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup melted butter (I use Bonnie Light)
- 1 cup Splenda granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar for dusting
I can’t believe it carrot souffle…that is I can’t believe how good this is!
A few months ago I found myself with several pounds of carrots, given to us by a friend. What was a going to do with all these carrots!?
The search began for some new carrot recipes & this carrot souffle popped up on my radar. Believe me, I was skeptical, but it turned out AMAZING!
The taste is very similar to a sweet potato casserole but with just a hint of carrot. It is sweet & so delicious you won’t believe it!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add carrots and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and drop into a food processor to mash. To the carrots add melted butter, Splenda sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and eggs. Blend until smooth (with small lumps) and transfer to a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.