- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
I have never been a fan of coconut, but I do love macaroons! I have yet to conquer the fabulous almond macaroon, but this is a first step in the right direction.
These scrumptious treats where super easy and divinely sweet! The toasted coconut gives them a crunchiness, while the sweetened condensed milk keeps them moist and chewy. Needless to say, the husband & I were over the moon for them!
I also love any recipe that has less than 5 ingredients! When I am scouring for recipes I always gravitate towards the lesser ingredients…does anyone else do this?
These would also be wonderful drizzled with a chocolate glaze or ganache.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, coconut and salt. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla using your hands until well blended. Use an ice cream scoop to drop dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about golf ball size.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until coconut is toasted.