- 1 box corn muffin mix
- 1 egg (I used egg beaters)
- 1/3 skim milk
- 2 oz. light cream cheese
- 2/3 cup light cheddar cheese
I am on an eternal quest to amp up my corn muffins. I have done countless searches online to find out what ingredients I can add to a simple box of corn muffin mix to really make them moist and delish.
Today I added some light sour cream and light cheddar cheese to a box of mix and, wowsa! It was great!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, combine muffin mix, egg and milk. Stir together until smooth. Then, using a hand mixer, add sour cream and cheese. Make sure all sour cream is well blended into the mix.
- Fill muffin cups (or muffin tin) 3/4 way full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.